Kilroy Was Here
May 20, 2002
 
Stephen Jay Gould, Biologist and Theorist on Evolution, Dies at 60
The man who sparked my love of science has died. When I was 20 years old, in junior college, I read an essay by Stephen Jay Gould in my English class on the ichneumeon fly. That one small essay opened my mind and sparked my imagination surrounding science. I use the skepticism and experimental method in my every day life. Even though I am not a professional scientist, my love of the scientific has enriched my life.

It would not have been so without Stephen Jay Gould and his essays. Though his scientific work is hotly debated, his ability to communicate science to the mass audience and to inspire us will make him one of the greatest scholars of the last century.

Thank you, Dr. Gould.

Kilroy
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger