Kilroy Was Here
December 30, 2003
 
Helping the Least of Us Benefits All of Us
Calpundit suggests that we peg them minimum wage to Congressional salaries.

But I'll renew an even better idea I proposed a year ago: index it to congressional salaries. Assuming a normal 2000-hour work year, congressmen make about $75/hour right now. How about simply making the minimum wage equal to 10% of that? Congress can then increase their own salaries anytime they want, but only if they're willing to help out the working poor at the same time. Seems fair to me.

Which reminds me of a pet idea I had. When I was going to run my own salary, I always imagined pegging the the total compensation of the highest paid person to no more than 10 times the lowest paid person.

Too bad we'll never see that through.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger